The Watch tool window allows you to enter any Expression and see the resulting value.
The primary use case for the Watch list is to monitor Expressions and their changing values as you Playback a Process. As each Activity Call is executed, the values in the Watch list will refresh their values.
If the value of a watch item changes from one Activity Call to the next, red text will be used to display the value in order to draw attention to the change. This makes it easy to have several items in the Watch list and still be able to easily track changes in value during the run.
Add a Watch Item
There are several ways to add a new expression to the Watch list.
- Right-click anywhere in the Watch list and select Add Watch from the context menu. You can then type the expression.
- Press the Insert Ins key on the keyboard while the Watch list has keyboard focus. You can then type the expression.
- Right-click anywhere in the Watch list and select Paste from the context menu to create a new entry using the text contents of the system clipboard as the expression.
- Drag a Variable from the Variables tool window and drop it on the Watch list.
- Right-click a Variable or Category in the Variables tool window and select Add to Watch List from the context menu.
Removing a Watch Item
Any of the following techniques can be used to remove an Expression from the Watch list:
- Right-click the Watch Item and select Delete Watch from the context menu.
- Select the Watch Item then press the Delete Del key on the keyboard.
- Right-click anywhere in the Watch list and select Clear All from the context menu to remove all items from the Watch list.